:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: emninger
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
Am Tue, 19 Jul 2016 17:38:16 +0000
schrieb Robert Storey <robert.storey@???>:

> About SLIM as a display manager - I'm fine with it, even if it's not
> really maintained. The important thing is that it's fast, stable, not
> riddled with security holes (including systemd). I'm open though to
> changing to something better, if there is something better.

When i installed jessie - on another machine with big overheating
problems (amd cpu & graphics) slim never ever worked, only console
login and startx. irrwahn helped me out (he even made a bugreport
somewhere) and in the end lxdm was the login manager which worked.
After that experience i sticked with it also installing later on ascii
on a less problematic machine.

And as i said before, lxdm is nearly equally leightweight as slim and
as far as i see not really systemd infected - yet (?).