:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rob Owens
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:

> Nowadays to find a regular person who doesn't own multiple computers, you
> need to go to Africa or rural India.
>
> I'd say it's safe to assume that a person authorized to login on the
> console
> (either text or graphical) is supposed to be at least an operator, if not
> the owner, of the machine. For weird setups like a kiosk you need to
> configure access anyway. All that talk about multiseat being important
> or even relevant today is IMO bullshit.

I can say with authority that multiseat doesn't have any value *for me*. I
looked into it a long time ago and decided that LTSP was more
straightforward. These days, prices of hardware have come down enough that
other people replace their computers after only a few years and I get their
hand-me-downs. This has made even LTSP not worth my while. But I have no
idea what the situation is like for people in other parts of the world, or
for people in my part of the world with fewer financial resources.