:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Daniel Reurich
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen

> I can say with authority that multiseat doesn't have any value *for
> me*. I looked into it a long time ago and decided that LTSP was
> more straightforward. These days, prices of hardware have come down
> enough that other people replace their computers after only a few
> years and I get their hand-me-downs. This has made even LTSP not
> worth my while. But I have no idea what the situation is like for
> people in other parts of the world, or for people in my part of the
> world with fewer financial resources.

LTSP provides more then just financial benefits. I maintain 3 sites
using it for computer hubs that provide basic internet access and
computer skills training. The benefits of that centralisation both of
the applications platform as well and user storage is easiest this way.
It' performs great and is easy to maintain. Adding another terminal or
2 is dead easy (plug it in and set it to PXE boot).

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.