:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Página Inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
Le 19/07/2016 13:34, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> But why would anyone make a graphical console without a computer this
> millenium? Even if used just as a thin client, some extra logic to manage
> this would be nice. A computer costs a few cents these days, or, if you
> want a capable board and connectors, a few dollars.
>
> And even if you insist on connecting two physical GUI consoles, it'd be far
> more reasonable to given them separate logical machines by one of many ways
> to do so, than to create an additional layer in a single logical machine.

     I guess this is exactly what "multi-seat" means: severall keyboards
and severall grapical cards connected to the same host. It certainly
does not include serial terminals. Serial terminal fall in the category
"multi-user", like ssh connections, not "multi-seat".

     I'm afraid XDMCP I mentionned in my previous email falls in yet
another category.

     Didier