:: Re: [DNG] Flexible software (Was: F…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Flexible software (Was: F1 and special usernames on the login screen)
Le 19/07/2016 10:17, Simon Walter a écrit :
> One can program a login manager that is only suited for single user
> machines. One can program a login manager that allows shutdown and
> restart without a password. I think that those already exist. I am not
> defending the choice of SLiM.
>
> What I am trying to express is that a narrow minded attitude towards
> use cases will make your software brittle.

     AFAIK Slim isn't offering remote X session through XDMCP; therefore
the shutdown command, even implemented as a fake login can only be
executed by a person in front of the computer, a person who could as
well push the power button.

     Of course it would be different if there was a true "shutdown" user
with the login command being "shutdown -h now".

     Didier