:: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: emninger
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some questions
Am Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:30:07 +0000
schrieb Jaromil <jaromil@???>:

Hi Jaromil!

> this is precisely what Parazyd has recommended to do, while looking
> into the plan to make a openrc package on ascii. we also have contact
> with genoo maintainers and good understanding of their approach.
>
> from what I've seen so far, i think you can expect devuan ascii to
> have a proper (a'la gentoo) openrc setup offering flawless switch and
> even run in parallel.
>
> We want to avoid overlapping openrc scripts with sysvinit
> scripts. This is the major reason to dismiss the dialogue with current
> maintainer in Debian and deciding to scratch that package entirely.

That's fantastic news. Please let me know, when and if this package is
available. Even if only in a testing circle, i'd be well willed to try
out (and eventually to help testing, if i can be useful ... (?) ).

Cheers!

PS. I know, Steve Litt does not like so much OpenRC, but me, for one and
as a simple user, i like it specifically from a user point of view
because it's so "linear" to use.