:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Temas nuevos: [DNG] with or without libsystemd0
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On 07/16/2016 05:12 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> You probably wouldn't even like removing libsystemd0 entirely and
> replacing it with an 'equivs' recipe, which could also be done if one
> really, really, really were concerned.
>
> But, for those interested in that technique, see: 'How To Satisfy
> Debian Dependencies Without Installing The Stupid Package' on
> http://shallowsky.com/blog/linux/install/blocking-deb-dependencies.html

Pretty cool trick. I tried it and got mixed results. I'm running without
libsystemd0 here, so I can't have gvfs-daemons. That means there's no
trash icon on the desktop and removable drives don't show up on the
desktop when they're plugged it.

With a dummy equivs libsystemd0, I get a trash icon that works, but the
removable drives don't show up on the desktop. When I remove the dummy
package and install the real libsystemd0, removables show up and
mount/eject work as expected.

I don't have time right now to complete the test, but I'd like to try Adam
Borowski's repackaged gvfs. I'm guessing it will work.

-fsr