:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Olson
To: dng, Simon Hobson
Neue Treads: [DNG] Gaffer tape: was Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
> On July 16, 2016 at 8:51 AM Simon Hobson <linux@???> wrote:

[...]

> > Duct tape, actually. It's like the Force. It has a light side and a
> > dark side, and it holds the universe together.
> >
> > Duct tape is cool.
>
> Over here, the common term is gaffer tape. Duct tape is a common term as well, and of course the commercial product playing on the homophone (if I go the right word) with Duck Tape

Gaffer tape and {duct|duck} tape are different products. Gaffer tape is less adhesive and is designed to be removed easily. It is more expensive :-) If you have ever used the other tape to secure cables to the floor and then uprooted those cables when tearing down, you will know the misery of trying to remove the other kind of tape now wrapped seamlessly around the cable.

Peter Olson