:: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (S…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Brad Campbell
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (Steve Litt)
On 16/07/16 00:24, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 02:25:01AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>>
>> Cool! Like F1, these four things should be discoverable from text on the
>> login screen.
>
> Or else put this on the login screen, along with the F1 stuff:
>
> 1) Hold down Alt and SysRq and type "reisub" to reboot, or
> 2) Alt-SysRq plus "reisuo" to shutdown.

That's a little like cracking a walnut with a sledge hammer. Let's just
pull the machine out from under the OS and hope it didn't need or want
to do anything prior to shutting down (like oh, I don't know, cleanly
shutting down some RAID and ensuring drive buffers are flushed before a
hard power off?). There's more to a controlled shutdown than a sync and
remount.

Additionally, I can't find a SysRq key on my Mac keyboard. Ancient
legacy "PC" based systems are not the only ones running modern Linux
distributions.