:: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (g…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Go Linux
À: dng, Robert Storey
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (golinux)
On Fri, 7/15/16, Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (golinux)
To: dng@???
Date: Friday, July 15, 2016, 8:34 PM

> I think I understand the issue well enough to sum it up nicely, so if no one objects, should I just go ahead and file a bug report? If we're about to dump Slim for lxdm or lightdm or whatever, I needn't bother, but if we plan to keep Slim for release 1.0, I'd like to see the issue addressed. Looks like an easy enough thing to fix - all we need is to change the login screen graphic to document the available > options. I think I can write up the proposed documentation change myself and then submit it.
>
> I have not yet used Devuan's bug reporting system - I just looked at the site now and I signed up for > a git account. This this is a Slim issue, should I report it here:
>
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan/slim/issues
>
> Please tell me if I'm doing this right. If no objections within next 24 hours, I'll proceed.
>
> Thank you, and apologies for my inexperience with git.
>
> cheers,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for offering to help. I hadn't seen Dima's slim project before. This is the one that I've worked on with hellekin:

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/slim/issues

It took me a while to find it. There was just an upgrade to gitlab and now I'm lost again

It won't let me edit in place like I can in editors. Instead it said it downloaded something but damned if I can find it. Maybe someone can point me where to look.

git is a real challenge. And IIRC placement of elements on the slim login screen is also. Good luck!

golinux