:: Re: [devuan-dev] Is debianfork.org …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: Thomas Goirand
CC: Ivan, devuan developers internal list, heroxbd
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-dev] Is debianfork.org page a joke?

dear Thomas, thanks for the introduction

however I also don't take you seriously right now so please lets
decide if you want to make an effort and we listen at each other or
not. HEre some facts

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Because so far, we've received zero contribution from Devuan people to
> OpenRC, and because I've seen no clear plan regarding the init system,
> apart from the declared hate of systemd, I can't take you guys
> seriously. This should have happen 2 years ago !!!

no. Devuan Jessie has the mission to maintain *status quo*

we are contemplating an upgrade, perhaps to OpenRC, for ascii (testing)

we have studied your package for Debian and decided to rewrite it. so
please if you keep this tone of debate consider we do not need any
further interaction.

> Reading Jaromil only *now* that he's hacking on OpenRC, and that he's
> taking decisions without even asking, doesn't feel the right approach
> either.

I am not "hacking on OpenRC". our team member Parazyd is. we have good
contact with maintainers in Gentoo who so far seem to be much more
reasonable that Debian (sic!) so please do a favor to your
distribution now and behave.

> This IMO is a *very* bad idea. What we want here is OpenRC to completely
> replace sysv-rc, and start getting rid of the old init scripts.
> Attempting to maintain yet another set of startup scripts will only lead
> to more useless work. I'd very much prefer if efforts were made so that
> Debian completely removed sysv-rc in the favor of OpenRC, so that we
> would start writing runscripts instead of shell. This would be a lot
> more productive. Your thoughts?

KTHXBYE

--
~.,_   Denis Roio aka Jaromil    http://Dyne.org think &do tank
    "+.   CTO and co-founder      free/open source developers