:: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (g…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jim Murphy
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (golinux)
On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> wrote:

> The commands "halt" and "reboot" do not seem to work. SLIM asks me for a
> password for user "halt" and user "reboot" which is less than useful, since
> no such users exist.

I believe you need to look at this form a different view point. From a
security standpoint the "system" doesn't know who is trying to log into
it. So why should it(the code) allow just anyone the ability to halt or
reboot.

I'm not set up to check this, but best guess it it looking for the user's
password it the name was already entered or more likely it is looking
for the "root" password to preform these two operations.

As I said, I'm not set up to check this.

Jim