:: [DNG] C Obfuscated code: a virtue o…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] C Obfuscated code: a virtue or a vice?
Hi,

The International Obfuscated C Code Contest, IOCCC was started by the
"masters" and "pioneers" in C. This is a "competition" for those who
take pride in compressing code to the point of making it practically
unreadable.

The following is a program submitted to IOCCC:
http://www.ioccc.org/2015/dogon/prog.c

At first, I was tempted to follow the path of writing obfuscated code,
but thinking about it, with todays huge computers, it simple doesn't
make sense to write difficult to read code. In the past there was an
advantage of writing such code that saved on code size as RAM size was
only a few kilobytes but definitely not today.

Here on this mailing list, I am noticing that being committed to write
legible code, is interpreted as an inherent lack of coding ability. In
my case, irrespective of the attacks by some, and the fact that when I
submitted functional code nobody commented about it, indicates that
those who are attacking are only interested in making disguised
personal attacks to dissuade me from helping in the project. The
answer to these people is: I will continue to move on irrespective of
your attacks.

Edward