:: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (g…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Robert Storey
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation (golinux)
> Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 04:04:59 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Go Linux <golinux@???>
>
>>From /usr/share/doc/slim/README :
>
>    Special usernames (commands configurable in the config file):
>    - console: start console login
>    - exit: exit SLiM
>    - halt: halt the system
>    - reboot: reboot the system

Hi golinux,

Thank you for this, it's useful information. However, just like the issue
on using F1 to scroll through available window managers, the above isn't
obvious and is easily missed (after all, I missed it). True, I'm not the
geekiest Linux user alive, but I'm not a novice either.

So I think it would be nice if there was a little "Help" box stuck in the
graphic login screen which contained all of the above info. It wouldn't
have to be very intrusive, but there is enough screen real estate to
accommodate it, I think.

Should I be filing a bug report to push this issue? Hardly seems like a
true "bug," but I do think it's important.