:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rick Moen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):

> You didn't read what I wrote did you ?

I most certainly did. And I make no apologies for mildly mocking you
for speaking about a 'trojan', as that was patently ridiculous, and you
know it.

> It may be "inert" now - well actually it isn't completely inert if
> it's being called by packages with gratuitous dependencies on it* -

'Doing' something that is functionally indistinguishable from doing
nothing. And a '000' rights mask would be fully effective paranoia
insurance.

> but as I said, there is zero guarantee that it won't remain "inert"
> forever.

Are you capable of preventing the installation of package systemd? I
am. Thus, libsystemd0 does, in end-result, nothing.

But this is basically you doing a 'I don't like it' performance piece.
And:

> I only ask that you respect my viewpoint.

I'll do that if you cease shading the truth. It's tiresome. And it's
possible less-wary readers might be mislead, which would make me sad.