:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> > Percentage of Debian 8 packages you can use of you don't want systemd
> > around (again, unless I've missed any) is thus:
> >
> > (43671 - 97) / 43671 * 100 = 99.77%
>

> That's probably the reason why amprolla works so well.

well the packages we mask are more and the list is on our website.

nevertheless you are right in noting Amprolla's workload is not
enormous (yet?) and even then we could spot some glitches in its
functioning. as usual, this is a learning process and Nextime's
silence on the matter can only signify he is working on it. the next
version will be still in python but with space for C modules and
that's where most of us are proficient so I guess there will be plenty
of space for improvement. I also don't exclude having shard style
caching and similar tricks on the forefront when necessary.

ciao