:: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Fin…
Góra strony
Autor: fsmithred
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Find a way to disable most services by default with systemd
On 07/13/2016 09:42 AM, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 02:51:21PM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

>> I believe Kali is a great resource, a lot of well thought
>> purpose-driven work was put in it before giving up to fancy desktop
>> nonsense and its roots are anyway in the idea of a minimalist sharp
>> tool. some of its arm building scripts prove themselves already to be
>> a great resource for our own arm-sdk.
>>
>> I really hope you or someone else can put together something similar
>> but smaller and based on Devuan. it would be useful to many.
>>

> I think it would definitely be easy to add a list of forensic-oriented
> tools to the current package list of devuan minimal live. I am not
> particularly interested in that, but I can provide help on the matter,
> if needed.
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

OK, I'll start. Here's a list of command-line utilities that I add to
Refracta. I also usually include zenmap and wireshark, but I pulled one or
both of those from the latest releases to save space.

So what's missing that can easily be added from the Devuan and Debian
repos? I usually have a minimal iso with these tools included, but the
last ones needed to be de-dmo'd, so I pulled them and haven't replaced
them. But give me a package list, and I could crank out a basic (mostly
unconfigured) live iso in a short time (hours to days). That could be a
starting point for someone else to make it better or modify it for their
own use. (1. I don't want to maintain another distro. 2. Even a pile of
manure can turn into a beautiful garden.)

arpscan ethtool fdupes gddrescue hddtemp hdparm hexedit htop hwinfo \
iftop iptraf irssi lm-sensors lshw nictools-pci nmap partimage pciutils \
scrot sdparm smartmontools testdisk traceroute whois wipe

-fsr