著者: Jaromil
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is pointless

hi there,

thanks for the post. Also many others here and among VUAs have tried
the pinning before proceeding with the debianfork plan and spotted
many limitations. Pinning cannot work for serious production and
long-term use, this was our conclusion. In my eyes anyone saying that
Devuan can be substituted by pinning is either an ignorant on the
matter or a very sadistic systemd hooligan who like to denigrate even
those who left in peace after a poisoned GR vote count.

However what I really wanted to say is that you can count on the fact
Devuan 1.0 will be out and stable well before April 2017. I believe
most developers involved understand this as possible. We may ask more
help and resources if the deadline approaches without progress, but I
really doubt that. We are at a good point already, its just that we
give to the *stable* word a way deeper meaning than what Debian does
nowadays. Helas.

BTW If there is a company that can step up and support some of the
work being done with a sponsorship, between now and October would
really be the good time for making an handshake. Currently standing
plans are that we'll push for a release candidate in September, which
will lead to more announcements and proper visibility for our
sponsors.

ciao