:: Re: [DNG] problem with devuan merge…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Simon Walter
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] problem with devuan merged repositories
On 07/12/2016 10:05 AM, Brian Nash wrote:
> Most of the past issues resolving devuan.org appear to be caused by ISPs.
>
> Not sure if there are "political" reasons for the failures, or if
> the registrar has anything to do with it.
>
> If you wait a while (maybe days), it will start working again.
>
> If you're in a hurry, try going somewhere else and trying to connect.
>
> When I am in Florida, I can connect to devuan.org 99% of the time, but
> while at my grandparents' house in Georgia, there is _always_ a
> "temporary error". There is no firewall or anything up there, it's just
> the difference between AOL (no connection) and AT&T (monetary black hole).
>
> I might be biased though: AOL is basically the antichrist of the
> internet, and AT&T has fallen far since Unix.

I've been experiencing some strangeness with this. It seems to work now.
Though for a day I had switched to Google's nameservers to get on with
things.

Does anyone know if there were any DNS changes made recently and some
slow to update DNS caches would have affected me? If no changes were
made recently, I see no reason why I would have experienced this.

I was thinking how I would maybe need to make my own local mirrors in
case of this kind of trouble in the future.

Cheers,

Simon