:: Re: [DNG] lilo
Página Principal
Autor: karl
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] lilo
Joel Roth:
> I'm revisiting this thread, after reading more about the
> automatic kernel and bootloader upgrading policies in Debian and
> Ubuntu.
>
> Personally, I'm astonished that a casual upgrade will
> end up trying to update a working bootloader.

This used to fend off the automatic updating of the bootloader

# cat /etc/kernel-img.conf
do_symlinks = no
do_bootloader = no
silent_modules = yes
warn_initrd = no

I don't think that is still working since [1] says:

Most of those tasks are offloaded to hook scripts in the
/etc/kernel/*.d/ directories. For instance, the integration
with grub relies on /etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-update-grub
and /etc/kernel/postrm.d/zz-update-grub to call update-grub
when kernels are installed or removed.

so have a look into your /etc/kernel/ directories to find a way to
disable automatic updating of the bootloader.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

[1] https://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/sect.kernel-installation.html

Aspö Data