:: Re: [DNG] lilo
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Joel Roth
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] lilo
I'm revisiting this thread, after reading more about the
automatic kernel and bootloader upgrading policies in Debian and
Ubuntu.

Personally, I'm astonished that a casual upgrade will
end up trying to update a working bootloader.

This is another instance where I feel that less code,
and less automation has significant merit compared
to the kitchen-sink approach.

Although this policy is distinct from choice of bootloaders,
in a way they go together.

karl@??? wrote:
> Jaromil:
> > On Mon, 30 May 2016, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> > > I have no plans to use anything but lilo unless that's a technical
> > > requirement. It boots. That's all I want from it.
> > is there any possibility that you take up its maintanance, without
> > adding new features and likely without having anything to do really?
> > its still good to have someone who knows the code of the package as a
> > reference for questions, CVEs and such.
>
> I also use lilo, perhaps we could gather a lilo team ?

To me it's an important part of linux infrastructure.
(Has anyone investigated if syslinux/extlinux can offer the same
functionality?)

I wonder if a kickstarter campaign would turn up some
support.

I would be ready to donate a few $$.

~Joel