:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 21:40:03 +0900
Simon Walter <simon@???> wrote:

> Totally agree and am very thankful for the community, but so far,
> everyone that I know of, except for this group here, has bowed to
> Lennart's (and Red Hat's) "amazing wisdom."
>
> The image I get from the web is that most developers are oh so happy
> to jump on the systemd bandwagon. Please tell me I am wrong.

You're wrong.

No seriously, a lot of developers aren't jumping on the bandwagon.
Witness Samba retaining their --without-systemd compile flag. Observe
Funtoo and Void both saying "systemd never!" Alpine forgot to switch to
systemd, as did quite a few others.

And of course there's Devuan, who is thumbing their nose at systemd
(and therefore at Redhat), and surviving quite well. The world sees
this, and almost two years after Debian's capitulation, the world is
still asking "what's wrong with systemd?" Redhat wants to consolidate
their gains and move on, the community won't let it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist