:: Re: [DNG] Ariane-5 explosion
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Rainer Weikusat
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Παλιά Θέματα: [DNG] Ariane-5 explosion [was Studying C as told. (For help)]
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Ariane-5 explosion
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:
> Le 07/07/2016 23:57, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
>> Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:
>>>      There isn't implicit conversion in Ada.
>> I vaguely imagine writing somewhat more than 'the Ada runtime threw an
>> exception because it was asked to do a lossy assignment' (specifically,
>> 'conversion' was you term and I just used it because you did).

>     There aren't lossy assignments either.

Call that anything you like provided you're willing to stop disputing
reality:

    The internal SRI software exception was caused during execution
    of a data conversion from 64-bit floating point to 16-bit signed
    integer value. The floating point number which was converted had
    a value greater than what could be represented by a 16-bit
    signed integer. This resulted in an Operand Error. The data
    conversion instructions (in Ada code) were not protected from
    causing an Operand Error,

        https://www.ima.umn.edu/~arnold/disasters/ariane5rep.html