:: [DNG] wheezy to devuan migration
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: [DNG] wheezy to devuan migration
Hi all!

I am following devuan since it has started (also with a little contribution)
talking about it the distributions based on devuan to my friends and at work.
So, first of all: thanks!

Now, it is the time for me to migrate my system from wheezy to devuan,
so I need some info and advices...

Please help me:

HOWTOs

a) dev1fanboy's guide at:
https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Upgrade-to-Devuan
seems to be quite accurate and updated...
Is it? There are other good (accurate & updated) sources I should read?
More advices?

REPOs

b.1) Are these:

  deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie          main
  deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-updates  main
  deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-security main

the right and only repositories I should use?

b.2) Are there others?

b.3) How is the correspondence between devuan and debian repos (main,
contrib, non-free)?
Does devuan's 'jessie main' is the same of debian's 'jessie main'?

ENV

My system:
Linux xxx 3.2.0-4-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 3.2.81-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

c.1) I am using mate as DE, not xfce. Should I expect any problems?

c.2) My system is targeted to graphics and realtime audio. Should I expect any
problems?

Thank you all in advance.
Regards

--
al3xu5 / dotcommon
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.