:: Re: [DNG] 2 pcmanfm questions
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: aitor_czr
To: emninger, dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] 2 pcmanfm questions

Hi Emninger,

On 07/05/2016 10:35 AM, <emninger@???> wrote:
> 1)
> What will be the difference between
>
> `dbus-launch pcmanfm -d`
>
> and
>
> `pcmanfm -d` ?
>
> (I remember, there was an issue with thunar not mounting automatically
> usb devices, which could be solved using the dbus-launch command).
>
> 2)
> Is anyone aware of a way how to make pcmanfm use udevil?
>
> (I tried spacefm but unfortunately it is way way less straight in
> dealing with freedesktop definitions: There are no equivalents (at
> least no easy ones, i found some hacks, but ... ) to the commands
> `pacmanfm menu://applications/`, `pcmanfm computer:///` and `pcmanfm
> Trash:///` ).
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for any pointer.

In my case, pcmanfm mounts correctly external devices. You can
enable/disable these options going to "tools -> preferences -> Volume
Management". I recommend you to disable this option for root, opening
pcmanfm with gksudo.

I'm going to work in a graphical interface for managing usb devices [*].
It will consist in a gtk window containing a grid (basically like
simple-netaid-gtk3) and showing all the device's labels, sizes, etc...

In some cases, when i open a device it's also opened as root (in spite
of being disabled the auto-mounting option for root), so i fear that
i'll have to use SUID for ejecting them.

Cheers,

Aitor.

[*] After that, maybe i'll try to tailor the interface to the Steve
Litt's amounter.