:: Re: [DNG] inittab question
Página Principal
Autor: emninger
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] inittab question
Am Mon, 04 Jul 2016 12:00:01 +0000
schrieb KatolaZ <katolaz@???>:

> uh? Why would have you expected that? First of all, you normally don't
> want getty in runlevel 1, which is used for single-user mode.

Because i knew that to be such from slackware (which also has
single mode user runlevel = 1 ) ... ;)

> Second, even if you insist in having getty in runlevel 1, why have 6
> of them if that runlevel is normally used only for rescue-related
> tasks? Third, the number of ttys active in each runlevel is not a
> gospel line but a configurable option. Fourth, the configuration of
> virtual consoles would have nothing to do with any problem with your
> (graphical?) login manager, so you are probably looking into the
> wrong file.

I looked into it, because the loginmanagers failed if i did not set them
specifically to VT1 (which for me was possible only with lxdm). Ok, i'm
not really linux knowledged so, i thought there might be something
wrong (eventually due to the complicated installation i had) when i
compared it to my previous slackware setup.