著者: emninger
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Building w/ gtk2 vs gtk3
Am Fri, 01 Jul 2016 06:05:32 +0000
schrieb "Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <enrico.weigelt@???>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently packaging recent geeqie for Ubuntu Trustry
> (which I'm still running on my notebook), and that leads me
> to an interesting question:
>
> How to properly package applications that can be built for
> gtk2 vs. gtk3 ?
>
> Should we have two separate packages (eg. geeqie-gtk2 vs.
> geeqie-gtk3) ?
>
> And how to handle other optional features (eg. lirc support) ?

As far as i can tell: in the jessie repositories there are, for
example, spacefm and spacefm-gtk3. Also the manjaro people very often
keep both in their repositories.

I'd say it's a good and userfriendly solution to keep both, in these
days of gtk3 breaking with any upgrade nearly any up to that moment
working theme. Trying to stick as much as possible with gtk2 seems to
me by far the best option one has, given (s)he does not want to use
gnome.

(Just a hint: i found out that vertex (it is on github) is one of the
few themes working decently with gtk3).

Cheers.