:: Re: [DNG] policykit - another time …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: emninger
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] policykit - another time ...
Am Fri, 01 Jul 2016 00:45:23 +0000
schrieb Daniel Reurich <daniel@???>:

> policykit is something we'd like to get rid of, but it is deeply
> embedded in places so it's likely that rather then get rid of it we'd
> need to provide an alternative implementation.
>
> That said, I haven't looked closely at those packages to see if their
> is a build time option to disable building against it, or whether
> what it attempts to do is in anyway useful to us.

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for your patience and the explanations. I think i see ... ;) The
question came up, when i tried to "purify" my system a little bit
(upower for example, i could purge without any problem, as far as i can
tell). So, i'll wait ...

But, generally for the future and manpower allowing it, it might be a
nice idea to give to the user the option to either install binary
packages or tarballs where you could configure options (a bit like in
slackware or with the pacli wrapper around pacman). May be that's
possible with apt as well, but at least to me it's not that
obvious ... ???

Cheers.