:: Re: [DNG] [Dng] What about pulseaud…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Joel Roth
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] [Dng] What about pulseaudio, avahi, ... ?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 01.04.2015 21:26, Jude Nelson wrote:
> > Unlike systemd, you can easily get a working desktop system without
> > PulseAudio, even on Debian.
>
> Many applications depend on the pulseaudio client library (not
> necessarilty the daemon itself), so perhaps we should just write
> an thin replacement, which keeps the API and just directly bridges
> to ALSA.

I'd be interested in your list. Most serious audio
applications I'm aware of have options for ALSA output as
well as pulse. So to de-pulse them is a matter of
appropriate compile time options, or repackaging them
without pulse dependencies.

> By the way: does ALSA support per-application volume handling ?

No it does not. I think with ALSA you're dependent on volume control of each
app.

~Joel