:: Re: [DNG] policykit - another time …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] policykit - another time ...
On 01/07/16 05:55, emninger@??? wrote:
> When i try to purge policykit-1 (which apparently is a devuan patched
> version (?): 0.105-9+devuan1 ) i'm prompted the following packages
> would be removed:
>
> ----
> aptdaemon* colord* hplip* packagekit* packagekit-tools* policykit-1*
> printer-driver-postscript-hp* 0 updated, 0 installed , 7 to remove,
> 0 to update.
> Purg aptdaemon [1.1.1+bzr982-1] Purg colord [1.2.1-1+devuan1]
> Purg printer-driver-postscript-hp [3.16.5+repack0-1]
> Purg hplip [3.16.5+repack0-1]
> Purg packagekit-tools [1.1.1-1]
> Purg packagekit [1.1.1-1]
> Purg policykit-1 [0.105-9+devuan1]
> ----
>
> So, aptdaemon depends on policykit and hplip and all the other printer
> driver stuff as well?
>
> Me, as a simple user, i'm clueless ... Even more, since i was told by
> people i trust in and who seem to be well informed, that policykit from
> a security point of view should be avoided (???)

policykit is something we'd like to get rid of, but it is deeply
embedded in places so it's likely that rather then get rid of it we'd
need to provide an alternative implementation.

That said, I haven't looked closely at those packages to see if their is
a build time option to disable building against it, or whether what it
attempts to do is in anyway useful to us.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.