:: Re: [DNG] some fun
Góra strony
Autor: Simon Hobson
Dla: dng@lists.dyne.org
Temat: Re: [DNG] some fun
emninger@??? wrote:

> Since we're so serious may be some fun is nice, making life
> easier ... :) I stumbled upon this by chance and i liked it a lot (I
> post the link although i think probably many of you know it already):
>
> http://systemd-free.org/img/systemd-can.jpg

That lightened up my day, while I was trying to get my head round some (old) software (to manage a phone system) written in Java that doesn't run with a current JRE, and trying to stop a service on an old Windows 2003 Server. One service just wouldn't stop, so I thought "I'll just kill it in task manager" - but there was no similarly named process. Checked the properties of the service, and it's one of many that are a run by svc<something> - and in task manager there were 11 instances of this svc<whatever> !
I guess that'll be the end goal for the systemd guys, when they can achieve that level of obfuscation, it'll stop people bypassing their service manager tools !
Had to reboot the server in the end - but then that's the Windows way.