:: Re: [DNG] suspend / hibernate with …
Página Inicial
Autor: Florian Zieboll
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] suspend / hibernate with KDE
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 06:33:27 +0200
Klaus Fuerstberger <linuxbox@???> wrote:

> So my question is, if it is generally possible to have
> suspend/hibernate working with Devuan and KDE?

Hallo Klaus,

out of curiosity I just added task-kde-desktop to my desktop computer
and interestingly, on my main account hibernation worked fine, while
at first the guest account didn't show the menu entries at all - no
relevant entries in /etc/group.

Even more interesting and probably the relevant track to solving the
mystery: I renamed the "guest" homedir, deluser'ed and re-adduser'ed
"guest" with a fresh homedir: It showed the menu entries.

After deleting the new "guest" homedir and re-renaming the old one,
hibernation is still available, so I suspect policykit to be the
culprit.

tl;dr: It is generally possible to have suspend/hibernate working
       with Devuan and KDE.

libre Grüße,

Florian