:: Re: [DNG] How to stop udev from re-…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] How to stop udev from re-ordering devices
Le 22/06/2016 16:29, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
> If you'll neither believe me nor the code wrt causes these 'random
> device names', may I try some kind of authority?
>
>     7.4.3.7. Device naming order changes randomly after rebooting

>     This is due to the fact that Udev, by design, handles uevents
>     and loads modules in parallel, and thus in an unpredictable
>     order.

     According to your own words, the disorder comes from Udev, not the
kernel :-)

     AFAIR, amongst the infos available to Udev, there is a name
provided by the kernel (ethX, for Ethernet), which Udev config may
decide to keep or to change.

     Didier