:: Re: [DNG] Studying C as told. (For …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Irrwahn
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Studying C as told. (For help)
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:37:32 +0100, Katolaz wrote:
[...]
> no array can be actually "passed" to function,

[...]

I'm not trying to argue against anything you wrote in your
spot-on analysis, but regarding that one claim quoted above
one could postulate that an exception to that rule exists
for arrays[1] that are members of structure types, i.e.
structs or unions.

Wrapping an array as the sole member in a struct can be
abused to "emulate" passing an array to a function. It is
to be frowned upon though, as it rarely is justifiable.

And yes, we are now at the point in this thread where we
are borderline hair-splitting. Which is not necessarily a
bad thing, since that is something any even half-decent
coder should be used to, anyway.

[1] In the most basic sense of "contiguously allocated
    region of memory".

Regards
Urban