:: Re: [DNG] A proposal for usability …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Steve Litt
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] A proposal for usability ;)
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 13:02:43 +0000
asbesto <asbesto@???> wrote:

> please, can someone do a BIG favour to the entire world? :D
>
> ... enable the touchpad gestures / tap to click by default
> in the window manager!!!
>
> :D Thank you all for the great work. :)

And after doing that favor to humanity, please let me know which window
manager is so defaulted, so I can switch to a different one.

Those of us who are touch typists and need to actually pound out lots
of content don't want accidental wrist/mousepad contact interferring
with our thought/authoring process.

Here's a shellscript, called touchtoggle, that I hooked to
hotkey Ctrl+Shift+j, that turns the mousepad alternately on or off
every time the hotkey is pressed.

#!/bin/sh

curstate=`synclient | grep -i TouchpadOff | sed -e"s/.*= //"`
if test "$curstate" = "1"; then
    synclient TouchpadOff=0
else
    synclient TouchpadOff=1
fi

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb