:: Re: [DNG] How to stop udev from re-…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] How to stop udev from re-ordering devices
Simon Hobson <linux@???> writes:

[...]

> All in all, the easiest way by far is to use stable and user(admin)
> set names for interfaces !

This is going to bite you in the posterior in case of canned OS
installations intended to be usable on a wide range of differently
configured 'servers' and not supposed to be maintained by anyhow
'UNIX(*)-savy' personnel, IOW, appliance-type installations. I need
interface names which are stable, generally predictable (ie, if there
are two interfaces they'll end up as eth0 and eth1), machine and
NIC-independent and compatible with already existing software. The
kernel naming scheme provides pretty much exactly what I
need. Consequenstly, I'm determined to keep using it and software which
gets in the way will be changed.

The nice thing about free software is that one may use it to solve real
problems the developers disapprove of.