:: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Simon Walter
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
On 06/20/2016 07:28 AM, Greg Olsen wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> No rush. Unless I find some glaring bug, after a bit more testing I
> intend to refocus on pushing upstream and what's needed to make
> "lxc-devuan" packages for Jessie/Ascii/Ceres. It'll be the first .deb
> package I've made completely from scratch (suggestions are welcome,
> please).
>
> Disable --no-check-gpg as the fallback? No votes against this:
> +1 Simon Walter
> +1 Greg Olsen
>
> So when convenient, I may go ahead and disable that.

Hi Greg,

I've added a branch called add-netconf, which you have probably seen.

I thought to just add one feature per branch so that review is easier.
Let me know how you prefer to collaborate.

I was not sure about what style/standards we are using. However, the
hashbang tells me bash. I looked at the other templates, and most use bash.

I wasn't sure if having all the settings in one argument or separate was
better. The logic behind having them all in one argument is that all
those are needed and cannot be derived from one another. So IP, netmask,
and gateway are all in one comma separated argument. Maybe the parameter
name should be "interface" or "ifconfig".

For my next edit, I would like to add the password parameter and if not
specified would set a random one.

Then I was thinking of adding a parameter for MAC address, in case it
should be explicitly set or not set or set to a random address.

I would appreciate your comments on that and of course on the netconf
parameter and it's functionality.

One question, is --main-only the default? What is the default for the
Devuan install? I am not sure, but I think the default is only main. If
so, maybe we should reverse that argument to be something like
--extra-repos. Or even --add-repos=main,non-free. That way the use can
specify exactly the additional repositories on the command line.

I think that would be very useful for orchestration tools such as
vagrant or cdist for example.

Cheers,

Simon