:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: karl
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
Edward Bartolo:
> So to replace my car's battery, I have to first have an understanding
> like that of a car engineer.

No, good engineering practice is to to modularize, to make parts
replacable, to make them more independent.

> What I am being repeatedly battered to
> accept, is the irrationality that the whole always entirely affects
> the parts! I take this as an attack on my intelligence: this is
> insulting my intelligence. How can one be certain that in ALL
> circumstances the whole always affects the parts. There are isolated
> sets of interdependent elements in many sets and reality is no
> exception.

One need to filter what one reads in order not to be upset.
Since I havn't been activily following the thread I can't say what you
are reacting to, but it is usually helthier to not be affected by what
people writes in mailing lists. Have some distance to it, use what helps
you and disregard what hurts you.

> How come changing a power transistor to another type with a
> higher voltage rating and the same gain affect circuit performance?
> Notwithstanding power transistors were not listed as equivalent I used
> to replace them in TV sets in this way and no customer came back
> complaining.

Higher voltage ratings usually comes with a higher capacitance, so you
get resistive losses when more charges gets pumped around, hence a hotter
component in some kind of applications. There is also some issues in
high freq. applications.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data