:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
Le 17/06/2016 20:06, Steve Litt a écrit :
> So my personal, and obviously your mileages do vary, priority is the
> simplicity of a do-one-thing PID1, because the "PID1 alone in the
> forest" happens so rarely, and at least in my situation the results
> aren't earth shaking.

     My argument was a tentative answer to the following question: what
is preferable out of the two following situations?

     1) pid1 dies and kernel reboots
     2) pid1 runs alone forever until someone shuts power down

     Even if the situation is seldom, I tend to prefer the first. BTW,
I'm not sure what sysvinit does with gettys. Does it launch them once
for all or does it supervise them?

     Didier