:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: KatolaZ
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 09:40:11PM +0300, Lars Noodén wrote:
> On 06/17/2016 09:36 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
> [snip]
> > Unfortunately, system initialisation is really a bit more complicated
> > than that, whether you like it or not.
> [snip]
>
> Is there a concise summary somewhere of what system initialization
> entails? Or is it dependent on accumulated experience and not codified?

I would say that nowadays things like:

- Mounting filesystems
- Configuring networking
- Configuring consoles
- Launching daemons for different services
- Offering logins

are all part fo what I consider "system initialisation". Obviously, if
you have exactly one filesystem, no networking, exactly one console,
no daemon to run, and you don't mind using the system as "root", then
initialisation can be reduces to 12 lines of code which run a
shell. But then why on earth do yo need a multiuser-multiprogrammed
operating system? you'd be better off using DOS...

HND

KatolaZ