:: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Irrwahn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Mini init script written in Perl boots.
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 12:04:03 +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 17/06/2016 07:24, Steve Litt a écrit :
>> Edward's pid1 shellscript has exactly one child, /sbin/osloader.sh.
>> That child can fork off a whole lot more processes. So theoretically,
>> with Edward's PID1 instead of sysvinit, only one process would have a
>> PPID of 1, that being /sbin/osloader.sh.

>      Yep. All the daemons will have ppid==2 . I love that :-)

That would be bad, as PID1 is the one reaping dead child
processes. Thus daemons should have it as their parent, and
doubly-forked processes already do, just as any orphaned
process will eventually end up having a PPID of 1.

Unless PID2 is a dedicated process supervisor that monitors
its children and does the bookkeeping, but I would not expect
that from the shell script in the example above.

Regards
Urban