:: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: emninger
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1.0 fails
Am Thu, 16 Jun 2016 06:28:16 +0000
schrieb Robert Storey <robert.storey@???>:

> I'm not a good programmer and thus not capable of writing a better
> installer, but I would like to suggest the possibility of taking the
> Ubuntu approach which allows the option to complete an installation
> with no network connection, using files on the CD as the base. Then,
> an update/upgrade after rebooting.

It is the same for me. I'm a simple user and all i'm able to do is, may
be, put together some script lines ;)

I find the ubuntu installer is "overdone" - but the idea, that the
basic system and utils are loaded from the installer iso (and not from
the net, exception made for an explicite netinstaller, whose goal is to
stay as small as possible) is good.

I, for one would prefer, an as simple as possible installer. One
example out of the debian world might be those of siduction (html
based).

Outside of the debian universe, i was astonished by the ease of the
manjaro installation routines and isos.

In this moment, i'm a bit happier (although still a bit angry about all
the time i spent invane to get Devuan to that damned Sony Vaio) since
seems i'll have a running Devuan Ascii on it now.