:: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1…
Góra strony
Autor: Simon Walter
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1.0 fails
On 06/15/2016 06:21 PM, emninger@??? wrote:

> But if so: Shouldn't we investigate the installer? I mean, it's not
> really user friendly to have an installer subject to that kind of
> errors. And in my experience there are even other problems like the
> overheating problem for amd graphics based machines, at least for some
> of them. Or the fact, that the installer seems to not install the base
> system it brings itself but seems to pull it from the mirrors.
>
> Anyway, i'm well aware human ressources at Devuan are limited but the
> installer should be worth a major consideration (?)

Since it is a universal OS. I would suggest we disable the graphical
installer if it causing people to be put off. This may sound like
heresy, but the text base installer is not minimal and it is fully
functional.

I remember back in the days when Debian got the graphical installer, it
was to be treated as BETA quality and if it didn't work, to use the text
base.

I think the same applies here. Maybe we need to put a "use with caution"
note. I think there was something like this on the original Debian
graphical installer.

We are not so spoiled that we need to use a mouse for everything, are we?

Simon