:: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Walter
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1.0 fails
On 06/15/2016 08:52 PM, emninger@??? wrote:

>> We are not so spoiled that we need to use a mouse for everything, are
>> we?
>>
>> Simon
>
> My problem (the failure while installing the base system) happens in
> both, the graphical and the text mode installer.
>
> I'd suspect there's something wrong with the underlying routines (as
> also L. Nodden noted).
>
> A working and solid keyboard only installer would be fine for me - and
> i think for most users: It's all about being well explained, input
> error tollerant and solid ...
>
> (I could even live fine with an i3 based desktop, when it is well
> done ;) ).

Aha! OK, then please disregard my comment. Because I thought the problem
was only with the graphical installer. It seems it is something deeper.

Do you get the overheating/CPU problem? I think that could be debugged,
but it would have to be done on the problem machine.

This is a good idea:

https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Minimal-install-guide

> Use debootstrap --variant=minbase --include=nano,nvi,procps jessie
> /target http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged to add top command - You
> could use top on another console i.e. ctrl+alt+F3 after chroot to /target

Though maybe, while the installer is being perfected, there should be
some tools for debugging available, rather than just busybox. Then
people with problems can more easily help debug them and get the
valuable info to the developers.

I installed from the netinstaller. So maybe on the full CD there is top
and other tools. Anyone know what programs are on about the full CD?

Simon