:: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Robert Storey
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Installer Devuan Jessie 1.0 fails
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 14:50:55 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have an urgent problem with the Devuan Jessie 1.0 installer:
>
> When it comes to install the basic system at a certain point the
> installation stops with an error. On console 4 i see the following
> error msg:

> dpkg: error processing package rsyslog (--configure):
> dependency problems -leaving unconfigured
> Errorswere encountered while processing:
> rsyslog
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rsyslog:
> rsyslog depends on libjson-c2 (>= 0.10); however:
> Package libjson-c2 is not installed.

Note that my following comments apply only to a graphical install,
full-desktop version, which is actually the only kind I've attempted so I
can't say what would happen with a minimal install in text-mode...

I've gotten this error on EVERY install I've done with Devuan, both laptop
and desktop computer. However, recovery from the error was fairly
straightforward, just go back to the screen to install the basic system,
run it again (note: do not exit the installer!). Sometimes the error will
still recur, but just keep going back and run it again, it will succeed. I
believe what's happening is that the installer is downloading most of the
files it needs but fails to download some, so by re-running it goes back
and gets the rest of the files, it does not start from the very beginning
and re-download everything. As to why it fails go get those files on the
first run, I can't say, but it is downloading a lot and I'm guessing that
any network latency is causing this problem.

Note that I am in Taiwan and since there is no local Devuan mirror here (I
think), I'm downloading from the US server. This means a lot of network
latency. Devuan users in the USA might not be seeing this error, and ditto
for Europeans if there is a mirror in Europe. Getting back to my situation,
even if there is a Devuan mirror in Japan it wouldn't help me because as I
understand it, our network traffic to Japan is routed via the USA.

best regards,
Robert