Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Devuan migrate and install
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:12:21 +0200
Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@???> wrote:

[--8<-- snip sources.list --8<--]

> You might want to choose another mirror, or the redirector:
> auto.mirror.devuan.org

Yep, I think that might be better

> Depending on your configuration and personal preferences, some ideas
> for your /etc/apt/preferences - AFAIK, if you have only devuan/merged
> repos in your sources.list, you don't need to assign the "-1" pin to
> systemd-sysv:
>
> Package: libsystemd0
> Pin: release o=*
> Pin-Priority: -1

For the moment libsystemd is still in use AFAIK

> > 2) I run a PXE server. For Debian I can download an "initrd.gz" and
> > a "vmlinuz" to start a net install. Each version has its own
> > vmlinuz/initrd.gz. The repository I use is an apt-cacher-ng proxy,
> > this works like a charm. Has this been realized for Devuan yet? And
> > if yes, does someone have a URL pointing to these two files?
>
> I am not 100% sure, but I think you can use initrd and vmliuz
> straight from the netboot iso:
>
> $ mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/to/iso /mountpoint
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong^^

I already tried that of course :-) But this initrd/vmlinuz will ask you
to mount the cd. Of course I can try to use nextserver or something
like that, but I like the Debian option to use a real network
installer. It will simply ask for the repository to use.

R.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/