Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Custom OS initiator. In need of some hints...
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:59:05AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:50:37 +0200
> Irrwahn <irrwahn@???> wrote:
>
> > We could play this game day in, day out for months or even
> > years, without having you grasp the basics necessary to
> > fully understand the implications of even moderately
> > sophisticated C programs.
>
> This discussion is getting theoretical, so allow me to discuss my
> theories...
>
> I think Edward's being sucked into a vortex of basics at lightning
> speed, and within a couple weeks will know as much about the basics
> necessary for Felker PID1 as you do (which would be twice what I know,
> I found your explanation really hit the spot). Different people learn
> differently: Perhaps Edward learns much faster from doing than from
> reading or receiving instruction. If he ends up in the same place, we
> have one more knowledgeable person in the group.

I would humbly note that we are where we are because a band of people
started rewriting the linux low-level user-space before having a real
clue of what they were up to.

Having said that, I agree that different people have different ways to
learn, but when somebody writes to a ML asking for suggestions on a
topic I usually assume that s/he really wants to receive some
information on that topic, and not just a "oh, look, the best way is
for you to try whatever comes to your mind, and you will get this done
sooner or later, just by chance". If I don't need help, I just don't
ask for help.

HND

KatolaZ