:: [DNG] [BUG] unresolved dependencies…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] [BUG] unresolved dependencies for qemu-system-* in ascii
Hi all,

just to report that qemu-system-* is not installable in ascii, since
there are a few unmet dependencies, namely:

   qemu-system-x86 : Depends: libiscsi2 (>= 1.10.0) but it is not installable
                     Depends: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4) but it is not installable
                     Depends: libxen-4.4 (>= 4.4.1) but it is not installable

Now, I ave checked and it seems that for some reason we are managing
this package in-house (Debian testing has a new version, which depends
on libpng16-0, and the package header of the version available in
ascii says that the maintainer is nextime).

I also tried to apt-build the package, after having modified the
dependencies in the control file, but the build fails on another bug
related with multiple declarations of a structure needed by the xfs
support, and it seems that the bug has been solved in the subsequent
versions of qemu. I might try to disable xfs support, but maybe at
that point it is better to start maintaining the package from scratch
:D

Is there anything I can do to solve the problem? I relly need
qemu-system-*, for several reasons, I would not like to have it
compiled from scratch and installed without a prope .deb, and I would
stay on ascii to help reporting issues like this :)

TIA

KatolaZ