:: Re: [DNG] ..another new(?) step tow…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] ..another new(?) step towards Debian systemd: linux-image-4.6.0-1[-rt]-amd-signed, with MSTF keys...
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:14:00 +0200
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

> But I still am convinced with a signed kernel one can still use it to
> boot any installed OS. My reasoning goes like this: once the signed
> kernel boots, it would be in control of the machine. A running kernel
> can be used to run any executable provided the latter is coded for the
> same machine architecture. So, the boot procedure would first consist
> of UEFI loading the signed kernel, the kernel then loads a bootloader
> like GRUB*.
>
> What do you think? It may look an ugly workaround like most
> workarounds, but there is no logic why it should fail.

Try it. If it turns out to be that easy, all of Linuxdom will give you
a tickertape parade. By the way, I'm pretty sure the Grub would need to
be signed too.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb