:: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Página Principal
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> writes:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 09:39:49AM -0400, Greg Olsen wrote:
>> On 2016-06-10 08:59, Simon Walter wrote:
>>    [snip]

>> >I had some issues:
>> >perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>> >perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>> >        LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
>> >        LC_ALL = (unset),
>> >        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>> >    are supported and installed on your system.
>> >perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

>> >Over ten times repeated, but more importantly:
>>
>> Simon, thanks for testing.
>>
>> I think the locale just isn't setup yet at that early point.
>> Perhaps a Perl expert can opine?
>>

> I have had those messages on a server for the best part of the last 9
> years, just to checl whether those stupid warning actually meant to be
> serious. It's just perl which complains because you have not set the
> locale properly.

The message means that using a certain locale has been requested by
setting the LANGUAGE and LANG environment variables to its name but that
it can't really be used because the compiled locale definitions for the
requested locale aren't available. The two obvious ways to deal with
that would be

    - change the requested locale to one that's actually supported
          (/etc/locale.gen contains the so-far created one) or to C to
          use the POSIX locale

    - generate the locales

The source files used for these reside in /usr/share/i18n and the file
containg the compiled equivalents is /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive. An
LXC-container could use a read-only bind mount to get access to the
locale-archive file of the host.